Saturday, November 3, 2012

Quilting Along with Leah Day - Week 38

Lost Data - Front
Leah Day's assignment this week gave me another much needed pass at Jagged Lines. My struggles with last week's Jagged Lines assignment helped me zero in on my area of confusion (how to start and end the gaps.) When I watched Leah's video for Lost Data (Jagged Lines filled with Zippling) I paid particular attention to this trouble spot, pausing and rewinding the video multiple times until it sunk in. Then I practiced a few rounds with pen and paper.

Got it! One more free motion quilting pattern to add to my repertoire.

Detail from
Lost Data


Lost Data - Back

Detail from Lost Data - Back
The learning curve on Lost Data was typical of so many of life's challenges for me. It isn't that I am completely befuddled. Instead, I am missing one key component. The problem is discovering what that is and mastering it. Once it is learned the question becomes why was it so difficult in the first place? I choose not to dwell on that. Instead, I accept there will be many more moments of confusion in my life. I take heart in the knowledge that eventually I figure it out, all the more satisfied for having done so.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That design really is a nice one! Really like these latest ideas that combine a couple motifs! Nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I'm very partial to the line series, so much so that it features in my current WIP.

      Delete
  2. If at first we don't succeed.............You did GREAT on Lost Data! Love that rainbow thread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love those variegated threads. I ran out with another gap to go, so substituted a similar thread. I didn't like it as much. Will definitely reorder the rainbow one.

      Thanks, Danielle. Don't know why the start and stop of the gaps alluded me so. Once I got it - I GOT (lightbulb moment) it.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful work. I love the variegated threads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rather fond of variegated threads, myself. I particularly love ones, such as the King Tut series by Superior where the changes are very short.

      Delete