|One thing I've learned to do from|
my year focused on mixed media
is start the next piece with the
leftovers at the end of the day.
|Not every piece is successful. I tried|
adding a single drop of yellow to
blue drops. The yellow is too
dominate and distracting for
my personal taste. This cloth was wet
when I worked on it. I was hoping
for more natural migration of the ink.
|I tried printing versus stenciling|
on this piece. Then couldn't resist
adding some dot collections with
Here is what I experimented with this week:
1) Deconstructed Sunrise #3 - Add sleeves and label - Not yet
The top split sleeve is attached. I have pinned the bottom sleeve to the quilt, but haven't sewn it in place yet.
2) Free motion quilting practice. - Done!
3) Post the number of days I have worked in my studio in 2015 - 103.5/126
4) Experiment with Tsukineko ink - Done!
5) Perform a random act of kindness - Done!
|I'm also hoping to capture sea foam. This is my pressing|
cloth from all the work I have done. Sometimes
the "accidental" art is the best. :)
1) Deconstructed Sunrise #3 - Add sleeves and label
2) Work on Sea Fever - (Due March 15)
3) Free motion quilting practice.
4) Post the number of days I have worked in my studio in 2015
|While my ink experiments were drying I took some|
time try out another Whirls and Swirls motif. Not sure
what Tracy calls it, but I have named it
5) Experiment with Tsukineko ink
6) Perform a random act of kindness
I am now linking up to two blogs on Fridays. The first is Nina Marie's Off the Wall Fridays and the second is Free Motion Mavericks.