Friday, June 1, 2018

Week in Review 2018 - 06/01





Tips, Thoughts and Techniques:

First block out of 35 done.
Baby steps, that is what I keep telling myself. I spent most of last week's creative time procrastinating or educating myself as I made my way through a backlog of EQ 8 lessons. I like to keep my skills up using this application. There are shortcuts that are not intuitive. 

Second block with its units ready to be joined.
It was my hope that as I worked through the lessons inspiration would strike for the next project to turn my attention to. It didn't or maybe it did. I have decided to begin how I have started many artworks in the past, with block blending and value shifting. Why not take it all the way back to beginning and choose a black and white palette? Turns out I was short on mid value black and whites. I've gone with blues instead. 

I'm working in my studio again. That is the primary goal. Hurrah!

I like to be surrounded by color. Check out
my mouse pad. Apparently, Lola approves,
since she is my constant companion when
I work at the computer.


I am linking up with Nina Marie's Off the Wall Fridays

9 comments:

  1. Isn't it grand to be back in your space - and settled in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love tis spring into summer colour palette and a celebration of the new location, the closeness of the sea and new steps forward as you get settled in! Enjoy - can't wait to see the final... and really so pleased to see Deconstructed Sunrise in ART QUILT QUARTERLY! Treats!
    bethany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We walked to Minet Beach this morning, just after the sun had risen. The yellow reflection of the sun's rays in the Atlantic was mesmerizing. I need to revisit my blue print for this quilt and see if I can't add so yellow reflected light. Thanks for stopping, Bethany, and giving me words of encouragement and friendship.

      Delete
  3. Your new space looks wonderful! Isn't it great to be back creating -- starting from square one (no pun intended) and going forward, getting the ideas going? And I love how at home your Studio Supervisor is in her new digs! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you, Margaret. My space is more disjointed than my previous space, but definitely better laid out than my first space. I know what to look for in a house now. :) Yes, my supervisor is quite content.

      Delete
  4. Do you like your new environment? Sounds lovely with the ocean nearby. Your blues are wonderful-I am happy for you that you are again in your studio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the blues and lines appearing in them are very interesting. Pretty. Makes me want to play with my big pile of dark blues, low contrast to see how lines appear in pattern. Lola is a very good snoopervisor. Please show pics of the studio when done. I'll be so envious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LeeAnn, you come up with the best words. Love snoopervisor. That is Lola for sure. I'm in my element playing with secondary patterns and value shifting. I keep trying new things, but always return to my roots. Not sure why I feel the need to break away.

      Delete